Experience: 2 – 5 years
Role: Application Developer
The Data Visualisation team provides leadership in how to turn complex data requirements into visual outcomes actionable and consumable. It involves working with various stakeholders to assist them in how best to deliver information using data visualisation principles and various tools including Excel, Tableau and MicroStrategy.
This role requires the candidate to work with a diverse range of stakeholders to understand their data visualisation needs and how to best deliver these outcomes with Tableau and Tableau Server. A high degree of proactivity is required.
- Establish and maintain Tableau and Tableau Server within the organisation. This will include all server maintenance and upgrades, security modelling and implementation and performance monitoring.
- Understand business problems and articulate potential solutions using Tableau while interacting with business users to understand new functional and reporting requirements
- Assist and lead in the design, build and deployment of dashboards and reports with Tableau
- Work hands-on in a cross-functional team of developers and analysts to develop new products and capabilities
- Deliver quality solutions and guide best practices in delivering information effectively
- Communicate solutions and rationale to relevant business stakeholders
- Contribute to technology-specific ‘communities’ to share knowledge and experience across projects
- Actively participate in various project teams to suggest technical and process improvements
- Be instrumental in the analysis and design of new reporting needs by applying sound Tableau and data visualisation practices
- Provide educated work estimates to deliver desired outcomes
- Educate the team and stakeholders about specific technical challenges and assist them in taking corrective actions
- Troubleshoot issues relating to desired outcomes with Tableau and help to monitor ongoing health of the services
Experience and education required
- 5+ years’ experience working with Tableau Desktop to deliver solutions
- 2+ years’ experience installing and administering Tableau Server
- Experience in other BI and Data Visualisation tools advantageous
- Strong knowledge of logical and physical data modelling concepts
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements through to technical solution
- Passionate about solving problems and finding innovative data and analytics solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills