Our Carcube is a state of the art mobile terminal for truck and transport. Because of growing and evolving markets, customers want more features and more devices to be connected to the cube. As a Software Engineer your focus will be on enhancing and adding new features to Android software products developed by Trimble T&L.
Key aspects of your daily work are:
- You participate in the complete product development cycle starting from analysis, architecture, design, coding, unit integration and system testing of software
- You provide ongoing sustaining support to the product, addressing end to end feature enhancements.
- You review and work with others (Product Management, Technical Architects, Development Engineers, Software Development Manager) to confirm and track feature requirements through to delivery.
- You are member of an agile development team, we are working with scrum methodology.
- You are a member of an agile development team and participate in the planning and execution of work items.
- You communicate about the work you are doing and the obstacles you encounter.
- You appreciate assistance from others when needed, but are also willing to provide it back to them.
- You report to the Software Development Manager
- You have profound experience with Java programming and working under Linux
- You have experience with developing Android apps and making architectural decisions
- You know how to work with an agile development process (Scrum).
- Experience with the following items is an advantage:
- You are a strong team player but are able to work independently
- You are dedicated to delivering high quality and performant solutions
- You are eager to learn new things, you take ownership and want to get things done
- You have good communication skills, both written and oral
- Full professional proficiency in English is a requirement
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.