The Amazon Kindle India team is looking for Machine Learning Scientist!
As a Machine Learning Scientist, you will bring statistical modeling and machine learning advancements to data analytics for customer-facing solutions in education domain. You will explore, innovate, and deliver advanced statistical learning and modeling techniques that involve processing of huge volume of multi-modal data. You will be working on a fast-paced cross-disciplinary team of engineers with solid industry experience. You are a domain expert in two or more of the following areas: machine learning, statistical modeling, and large-scale distributed systems.
You will take on challenging customer problems, distill customer requirements, and then deliver solutions that either leverage existing academic and industrial research or utilize your own out-of-the-box but pragmatic thinking.
· Use statistical and machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
· Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning
· Work closely with software engineering teams and business team to independently drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
· Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
· Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
· An MS/PhD in machine learning, Statistics or in a highly quantitative field. PhD strongly preferred.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
· Strong Problem solving ability
· Distributed programming experience is highly recommended
· Strong communication and data presentation skills