Job Title:Data Scientist
Job Category: Data Sciences
Job Code: BT/CHE/024
Location: Chennai, India
- Work with engineering and research teams on designing, building and deploying data analysis systems for large datasets.
- Design, develop and implement R&D and pre-product prototype solutions and implementations using off the shelf tools (e.g. R, SAS,SPSS), and software (e.g. Python, Java,)
- Create algorithms to extract information from large data sets.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for model development, model validation, model implementation and large scale data analysis.
- Develop metrics and prototypes that can be used to drive business decisions.
- Provide thought-leadership and dependable execution on diverse projects.
- Identify emergent trends and opportunities for future client growth and development
Education and Experience Requirement
- Strong background in statistical concepts and calculations.
- 5+years experience with real data
- Innovative and strong analytical and algorithmic problem solvers.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis tools (e.g. R, SAS,SPSS)
- Proficiency with software development technologies (e.g. Python, Java, C/C++, .Net)
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (e.g. Bayesian Analysis, Reduced Dimensional Data Representations, and Multi-scale Feature Identification).
- Expert at data visualization and presentation.
- PhD will be an added advantage
- Experience with big data tools (e.g., Hadoop, HDFS, Cassandra, Storm)
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly verbally and in written form.
Salary: Best in the industry