We are looking for Data Scientists to work on our global TasteGraphTM, to solve ambitious and complex problems. And drive customer engagement for marquee clients around the world.
What you will do
- Translate business requirements to a set of analytical models
- Perform data analysis (with a representative sample data slice) and build/prototype model(s)
- Work with business users and/or data scientists to formulate model designs using large data sets
- Provide inputs to the data ingestion/engineering teams on data requirements for model(s), in terms of size, format, associations and cleansing
- Identify/provide approaches and data to validate the model(s)
- Collaborate with the data engineering team to transfer business understanding, and get model(s) productised
- Validate output along with business users
- Tune model(s) to improve results provided over time
- Understand business challenges and goals of clients to formulate approaches for data analysis and model creation to support their business decision making
- Perform hands-on data analysis and model creation
- Work in highly collaborative teams that strive to build quality systems and provide business value
- Mentor junior team members
- Understand business problems and address them by leveraging data, characterized by high volume and dimensionality, from multiple sources
- Communicate complex models and analysis in a clear and precise manner
- Build predictive statistical, behavioural or other models via supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis, and other predictive modelling techniques.
- Display a strong understanding of various types of recommender systems, like collaborative filtering, content-based filtering, association rule mining, etc.
- Understand unstructured (text) data processing and NLP
- Experience with matrices, distributions and probability
- Hands-on experience in Java or Scala.
- Proficient with relational databases, natural language processing and at least one scripting language – preferably Python/Ruby
- Have a working knowledge of the big data tech stack including Hadoop, Spark and NoSQL databases like Couchbase, HBase, Solr, etc.
- Have previous exposure to DevOps, containers like Docker, and cloud environments like AWS, Azure, etc
- You need to have 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar, relevant role. You need to also have worked in the big data space before, alongside a big data engineering team (data visualization team and data and business analysts)
- The position is based in Chennai but may require domestic and international travel.