Aspen Mesh needs a talented Data Scientist to help us realize our goal of providing insightful data visualization and predictive analytics to help our customers and users understand and control their microservices. We offer a collaborative, dynamic early stage environment with a high performing team passionate about bringing a new product to the container and Microservice market. You will bring your knowledge, expertise and real passion for solving problems with data to innovate in all areas of our SaaS analytics and reporting platform. This starts with collecting rich data in the user’s environment, analyzing that data in the cloud, and surfacing the most meaningful information to end users.
As a member of our Data Science team, you will dive into our data and discover new and novel ways to expose previously unknown insights into our customer’s application health, security and performance. You will work to streamline our data collection and analysis systems demonstrating your strengths while developing experience in a new space and technology. Working closely with our Product Team, Engineers and UX Designers you will help our users get the insights and control they need.
- Explore and understand the data collected from our customers’ container environment to develop an insightful analytics platform that visualizes the complex communication patterns between Kubernetes container based microservices.
- Work with product and customer success teams to understand customer problems and discover solutions in our data
- Analyze user data to improve customer engagement and experience
- Build efficient and scalable algorithms that answer questions about our data
- Rapidly prototype statistical and quantitative analysis and work with engineering teams to deliver them to production
- Develop solutions that make data collection efficient and streamlined
- Work with UX Designers to craft new and innovative ways to visualize data
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience.
- 5+ year experience with mathematics, statistical and quantitative analysis or machine learning
- Real passion for solving real customer problems with data
- Dedication to continuous improvement and early-stage product development
- Curiosity that drives you to dig deeper and look at problems in different ways to find creative solutions to problems
- Ownership of your work, and a desire to develop unique analytics with the power to make the decisions to make it happen
- A collaborative approach that allows you explain complex solutions to technical and non-technical team members
- Experience with large data sets using tools like SQL, Hadoop, Spark, BigTable or DynamoDB
- Experience with data science frameworks such as TensorFlow, Spark/MLlib or similar
- Experience coding in R, Python, Java, Go or similar language a plus