Experience: 3+ years
Role: Data Scientist
- Finance & Data Operations Data Science Team is tasked with delivering tangible value to business units within Shell through data-driven decision making.
- This position is part of Finance & Data Operations Data Science team delivering advanced analytics projects for different businesses within Shell. The individual will join a growing global data science organization spanning both on/offshore.
- Incumbent is responsible for developing analytical models for projects collaborating with different business stakeholders & other partners and working across a range of technologies and tools.
- The ideal candidate has strong background in quantitative skills (like statistics, mathematics, advanced computing, machine learning) and has applied those skills in solving real world problems across different businesses / functions.
- Develops analytics models using specialized tools based on the business problem and data available
- Identifies the right set of models and develops the right code / package to execute them
- Evaluates the validity of the model (both scientifically as well as from a business perspective)
- Support the Data Science Team Lead in design and execution of analytics projects
- Work with Shell stakeholders and subject matter experts to complete tasks and deliverables on projects
- Working collaboratively across multiple sets of stakeholders – business SMEs, IT, Data teams, Analytics resources, etc. to deliver on project deliverables and tasks
- Identify actionable insights that directly address challenges / opportunities
- Articulate business insights and recommendations (based on model output) to respective stakeholders
- Understanding business KPI’s, frameworks and drivers for performance