Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.
Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers.
We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- The Data Scientist will help us discover information hidden in vast amounts of data that allows us to make rapid, accurate and smarter decisions about Products, Marketing, Sales, Consumers, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering or other functions within Lennox. The data scientist will assist the Analytics team in developing a massive competitive edge in our products, services, approach, presence and authority in our industry.
- This role requires curiosity and should enjoy diving deep in the material to find an answer to yet unknown questions. This role needs a natural desire to go beneath the surface of a problem. The data scientist needs to be a thinker who can ask the right business questions, formulate the problem statement, visualize an appropriate technological solution, acquire & prep data, and build the solution set of algorithms for use in a production environment.
- As one of our data scientists, you will be called upon to provide expertise on mathematical concepts and analytical processes for the broader applied analytics team, and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the organization
- The data scientist will work with the cross-functional team members in an open, creative fashion to identify and prioritize actionable high-impact insights to differentiate ourselves from our competitors.
- They will be a trusted advisor to the business personnel they serve.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires at least 8 – 12 years related experience. An MBA or equivalent is preferred.
- Excellent mix of Statistics, Operations Research and Computer science skills
- Advanced Statistical knowledge, Master’s or PhD in Operations research, Applied statistics or Applied economics
- Build and validate statistical models and discover hidden patterns and/or correlation with other parameters in the data
- Be able to connect to disparate and diverse data bases and get the data needed for analysis
- Ability to write complex PLSQL queries to pull data out of SQL/Oracle databases and build your own data bases to store and process the data
- Experience with cloud based data warehousing like Microsoft Azure or Amazon Redshift.
- Ability to analyse, data wrangle and vizualize in R
- Experience using tools like Tableau, Qlik for vizualization is preferred
- Excel power user with VBA skills
- Comfortable with forecasting, hypothesis testing, multivariate analysis, machine learning techniques and text analysis to pull in data from unstructured text
- Ability to prepare executive level presentations/communications
- Proven ability to accept ownership with direction, take initiative and assume responsibility for work
- Prefer experience working with SAP
- Coding/programming skills in Python, Java or C/C++