As a Principal Engineer – Big data, you will get an opportunity to work on features using latest technologies such as Hadoop, Spark , Kafka, Cassandra etc. . You will help Architect to develop products that can change the logistics landscape and will be used by some of the biggest corporations in the world. You will develop integrations with our strategic partners to help expand our ecosystem. You will work closely with our US team and customers to develop features that help shape the logistics and supply chain industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering or related field from a reputed institution. Master’s Preferred
- Strong Individual Contributor
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in 6+ years in architecting, designing, planning, building & delivering large scale distributed web applications
- Expertise in hadoop stack
- Expertise in Spark
- Experience in Architecting data ingestion, storage, consumption model.
- Expertise in Micro services architecture
- Expertise in messaging systems such as Kafka/RabbitMQ
- 4+ years of experience in at least one NoSQL technology such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc.
- Experience building RESTful APIs backed by unit tests and QA testing tools.
- Agile SDLC experience
- Experience in Amazon Web Services or other cloud services is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Architect micro-services that help in determining cost to company for every feature
- Help platform to scale as number of concurrent users grow exponentially.
- Reduce infrastructure and external tools cost and propose changes as required
- Architect a data acquisition and cleaning layer that can interact with other product offerings
- Work closely with US based product teams to understand technical needs of the business and propose new directions to fulfil business goals
- Mentor younger engineers to take up additional responsibilities
- Help delivery teams by building POC’s in new technology domains to guide them.
- Work closely with Engineering Manager’s to prioritize goals for the team