Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services. As a member of the AWS Premier Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
· 18+ years of experience in a technical support, engineering or operations environment 10+ off which should be in managing technical teams.
· Highly motivated and passionate about technology – should have good understanding of the technology that the person is managing.
· Have a proven record of driving improvement programs in the operations, engineering and support fields.
· Must have BE/B.Tech or equivalent degree. Higher education preferred.
· International experience is an added bonus
· Proven track record of delivering results through people, business and operations management.
· Hands on experience in one of the technical domains –
Databases and Big Data (Hadoop and its ecosystem)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, which will be key in driving customer communication during AWS critical events.
· The Amazon Web Services business requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader must have a track record of achieving that balance.