Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 254 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The candidate will be part of Payment Operations Engineering Team. The candidate will be responsible for analysis, design, coding and testing of the application code. The candidate has to interact with global cross-functional teams to address complex business requirements. The role demands the individual to possess technical skills required to perform the job in an effective manner. The individual should be self-motivated, possess creative problem solving skills and have the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time. The candidate should have passion for data & analytics.
In this role, the individual will be part of the engineering team in Payment OPS Organization and will be responsible for.
- Participating and collaborating with Product Owner/ Cross functional team in the organization to understand the business requirements and to deliver solutions that can scale.
- Creativity and out of the box thinking is required.
- Proactively anticipating problems and keeping the team and management informed in a timely manner.
- Being flexible and being able to support all functions of product life cycle when required.
- Produce quality deliverables
- Ability to work in a fact paced environment
- Ability to deliver from coarse grained requirements
- 4+ years of experience in the IT industry, experience in Data Technology space is preferred.
- Shell/ Perl scripting experience
- Proficiency in any programming language like C, C++ or CORE Java
- Working experience in a RDBMS(Certified Teradata developer is a plus); Should have strong SQL programming skills
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Working knowledge on any ETL tool (ie. Informatica/ Ab Initio).
- Knowledge of Scheduling Tools is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge in MPP Databases/ Distributed systems
- Knowledge on Big data Environments is a plus (Hadoop etc).
- Exposure to Data Quality and Profiling tools is a plus.
- Exposure BI tools desired, but not required (Micro strategy, Business Objects).