Job Description Summary:
The Tracking Platform team within the Paypal’s Core Platform Services Technology group provides end to end control of behavioral tracking on web-enabled devices. This includes critical components that handle Data Capture, Processing & Reporting. Platform components process billions of events a day at scale and aims to provide real time access to data and metrics that would drive actionable insights and aid business decision making.
Primary Job Responsibilities.
- Owns and is accountable for the design and development of core platform components
- Spends most of the time coding and efficiently produces exemplary and thoroughly tested code for most challenging features
- Produces clear, well-documented, complete designs for product features
- Recognised as the go-to developer and is seen as a leader in their specialised field
- Solid communication skills & proven team player.
- 7+ years of experience in the software development.
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures, knowledge of object oriented design, Design Patterns and multi-threaded programming
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills.
- Hands on Java Programming Expertise (Core Java, J2EE)
- Scala is a Big plus
- Hands on Building Restful Services.
- Hands on experience working on Big Data Technologies (Any of MapReduce/Spark Streaming/ Kafka)
- Experience working on SQL,NoSQL solutions with clear understanding of pros and cons of both relational & Free form databases.
- Knowledge and a particular interest in issues related to Big Data, large scale distributed stream processing, realtime computation systems and behavioral analytics.
- Ability to determine impact of architectural solutions and come up with Recommendations