Job Location: Chennai
Experience: 2+ Years
Primary Skill: Knowledge for Hadoop
- Act as the subject matter expert (SME) and lead others to deliver Big Data & Middleware technologies and services including HDFS, HBase, Spark, Kafka, and other emerging technologies to product teams.
- Partner with product development teams to implement best practices and optimize performance of Big Data applications.
- Participate in the analysis of new requirements and support the solutions and services to run them.
- Help research new Big Data technologies, assessing maturity and alignment of the technology to business and technology strategy.
- Manage upgrade cycles of Big Data services, including testing and release planning.
- Troubleshoot Big Data related incidents; pursue root cause analysis and problem resolution through coordinated interaction with vendors and other internal teams.
- Translate highly technical solutions/problems into understandable language for audiences of varying technical levels.
- Document and track problem resolution using established Service Management processes and tools.
- Prepare and present high quality technical and non-technical documentation.
- Communicate in a professional and respectful manner when interacting with others.
- Evaluate and communicate risk as a top consideration for all solutions and changes.
Education and Experience
- B.S./B.A. Computer Science or related field; or equivalent level of experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in an IT or technology support role.
- 3+ years’ experience with Hadoop administration.
- Progressive technology experience, preferably for a large enterprise.
- Previous software engineering and development experience.
- Previous UNIX/Linux administration experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to prioritize work with a strong focus on service delivery.
- Ability to address customer inquiries in a consistent and responsive manner.
- Strong passion for technology and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
- Ability to investigate complex issues spanning multiple technologies.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to comprehend technical documentation.
- Strong analytical skills and the patience to work through problem resolution.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to translate technical direction to specific work responsibilities.