Role: Software Developer
- The role demands aggressively driving deliveries, refining delivery processes, practices and standards for the delivery team, working within the technology stack adopted by the project
- Strong technical/delivery expertise in Java, Unix and Big data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark)
- Experience on managing large sized regulatory business changes on large scale environments
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage upwards and downwards, working closely with senior business leaders.
- Possess fair understanding and experience of risk management and mitigation process.
- Experience of working in diverse teams & managing 3rd party teams as well as permanent employees
- Hands-on experience of delivery governance and Agile & Software Delivery Life Cycle including experience on design and estimation.
What will you be doing?
- Deliver solutions for platforms in Barclays in regulatory space including Volcker and CCAR in RFT
- be involved in all aspects of analysis, design, implementation and deployment of all software related to the core data applications
- Design and implement server side solutions in Hadoop and front end GUI in Tableau/Spotfire
- Manage business expectations and liaise with FO IT, Risk Managers and Auditors
- Implementation of data service layer in Hadoop
- Manage and deliver complex projects in collaboration with global teams across Barclays to develop new or enhance existing systems
What we’re looking for:
- Work Experience in Java, Unix and Big data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark) with in depth knowledge of Multi-threaded, high throughput, low-latency design of Java service components
- Good understanding of source control, testing, release management, and other software development practices. Strong conceptual knowledge of SQL for data analysis
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of design patterns, object-oriented design principles and/or database design fundamentals
- Experience with Git/Stash/JIRA/Nexus for source and version control, Autosys for batch control