Calypso Technology is seeking a software engineer for its FrontOffice engineering team
This position is an opportunity for an engineer who is interested in the financial markets and enjoys creating innovative end-user experiences to participate in the development of one of the capital markets FrontOffice application suites.
- Maintain and develop as per specifications, current server side processes responsible for workflow, persistence, messaging, validation, caching and business logic.
- Ensure availability, scalability and robustness of solution
- Contribute to the R&D, development and testing of the next generation product developed on top of industry-standard technologies.
- Analyze defects and coordinate development of fixes.
- Minimum 2 years of post-academic experience in commercial software including Java, Swing, JDBC, RMI, XML
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills.
- 1-2 year of experience with Java persistence or ORM implementations, including SQL, JDBC, and Hibernate
- Experience working with different transport protocols such as JMS, RMI, SOAP, or REST
- Knowledge of relational databases, including RDBMS setup and tuning experience (Oracle / Sybase).
- Unix and scripting experience desirable.
- Experience with software tools such as Eclipse, Gradle, YourKit and Git
- Experience with application servers like JBOSS is required.