The Dow Chemical company is looking for a Scheduling Specialist to be based in Chennai.
The Scheduling Specialist is a core member of the Project Controls department who is responsible and accountable for the preparation of comprehensive Schedule Management and scheduling reports for capital and expense projects to support effective project execution.
- Develops and maintains comprehensively integrated master project schedules including Front-end Loading, Detail Design, Procurement, Construction and Start-up/Commissioning Project Stages.
- Maintains schedule during the project life cycle monitoring progress and incorporating modifications where changes in the original scope occur or delays are encountered.
- Utilizes project cost estimates to resource load project schedules and gain alignment with an estimated scope of work and the project schedule.
- Performs staffing density checks or staffing limitation checks to validate schedule durations.
- Performs critical path analysis to determine problem areas in regards to project schedule and resource overloads; alerting the project team to critical scheduling issues.
- Evaluates project deviations to assess schedule impact for proper decision making.
- Works with cost management to gain alignment when forecasting schedule completion dates.
- Provides supporting data for GPM measurements, external benchmarking and project closure.
- Ensures accurate representation of scheduling data in monthly reporting.
- Participate in design team meetings, provide 2 weeks/ 4 weeks look ahead & ensure adherence to the same.
- Liaising with US/Europe project offices as needed.
- Resource loading and generating Progress Curves.
- Collate & issue project reports and monthly progress reports.
- Preparing Earned Value Management (EVM) trackers, productivity reports.
- Prepare Project Control Instruction for the Bid packages.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering/Technology
- 5 to15yrs (In Project Controls, Scheduling, Project Engineering, and Construction)
- Certifications: Professional membership in PMI, AACE or equivalent (Desired)
Technical Skill Set (Mandatory)
- Good communication skills.
- Mastery in Project Schedule Management tools and Work Process such as Primavera/ MS Projects as well as MS office tools.
- Knowledge of estimating and cost management best practices.
- A good level of understanding about all disciplines activities and interdependencies among them.
- Knowledge of Schedule Risk Analysis.
- Project Measurements Work Process Discipline
- Knowledge of Construction Practices and Sequences, including Shut-Down/Turn around/Revamp planning and scheduling.
- Construction Change Order Process
- Project Authorization Process
- Construction practices, including green field and brownfield projects (general awareness)
- Engineering man-hour utilizations/allocations.
- Monthly Reporting
- Elements (COA) of Project Cost structure. (general awareness)
- Estimating Tools (general awareness)
- Standard Procurement Work Process