Senior Software Engineer
RhythmOne is currently searching for multiple Software Engineers at varying levels, from Jr. through Principal, who will be responsible for the design and development of the measurement, analytics, and machine learning parts of our video advertising platform.
- Design, enhance and implement scalable, reliable, and maintainable technologies for our advertising platform.
- Distill business requirements into design specifications.
- Enforce code quality through test-driven development.
- Ensure that our product is carrier-grade in terms of reliability, scalability and performance.
- Work closely with the testing team.
- Conceptualize software requirements based on both external and internal inputs.
- Apply and tailor best practices in software processes and quality to achieve fast cycle time development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years designing/developing large-scale internet software systems.
- Expertise in a variety of server-side tools and technologies: Linux, Apache, Memcached, MySQL.
- Expertise in a variety of Python-based tools and libraries: Django, numpy, scipy, mod_wsgi.
- Experience in map/reduce, machine learning, Hadoop, mrjob, and related tools, a bonus.
- Experience working with Amazon’s AWS (EC2, EMR, S3, boto), a bonus.
- Strong empathy for users and customers.
- Strong technical documentation and presentation skills.