Experience: 1-3 Years
Role: Software Developer
Viasat keeps the world connected. As a global Satellite broadband services and technology company, Viasat ensures consumers, businesses, governments and military personnel have communications access – anywhere – whether on the ground or in-flight. The Company’s innovations in designing highest-capacity satellites and secure ground infrastructure and terminal technologies coupled with its international network of managed Wi-Fi hotspots enable Viasat to deliver a best available network that extends the reach and accessibility of broadband internet service, globally. Viasat continues to grow at a record pace.
- 5+ year’s hands-on software development experience in a team environment with proven success at delivering production quality code.
- Programming skills in Go, Python, Ansible, Scripting, C, C++.
- Strong foundation in data structures and good understanding of algorithmic complexity and trade-offs of different implementations.
- Creative debugging skills using tcpdump, ping, wireshark, gdb, coredumps and other commonly used tools.
- A good understanding networking concepts, network programming, and virtualization is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities. You will be required to communicate both verbally and in written form with remote international teams very frequently.
- Masters/Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with tools such as Splunk, Grafana, AWS constructs, Test Automation Frameworks desired.
- CI/CD and Devops exposure is a strong plus.