Experience: 0 – 1 years
Role: Software Developer
VMware’s elite, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of world-class computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualisation. At VMware, our engineers voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap. Our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. VMware has R&D offices around world including Chennai, India.
- Work in an agile environment to develop new features and functionalities in the automation framework.
- Master the new automation test framework and automate the IP Networking features.
- Develop and extend framework features to support critical product work.
- Train users in Python, automation, and quality planning, and effective use of the existing automation framework.
- Provide recommendations for feature or process improvements.
- Report accurate and regular results of automation efforts to team lead.
- 7+ years of Python based Automation framework & infra development experience.
- Expertise in any Python automation framework.
- Strong design and coding using Python with excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Familiarity with one of the major server virtualization products (ESXi, KVM, XEN, AWS) essential
- Familiarity with Jenkins/testrail an added advantage
- BS/BE/Masters in Computer Science from IIT/NIT/Tier1colleges
- Excellent communication (written & spoken) with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to demonstrate effective collaboration both within the immediate team and across teams.