Experience: 4+ year
Skills: Test Automation Strategy
Builds application components, tests and deploys code. Has awareness of data security, retention, and recovery issues. Can research technologies independently. Develops expertise on significant application components, vendor products, program languages, databases, operating systems, etc., Executes on the plan by building components, testing, and deploying solutions.
The DTCC AD Software Engineer (SE) applies specific technical knowledge in order to assist in the construction of critical system components. The SE works as part of an AD project team and may interact with the business, Functional Architects, and subject matter experts on related systems. The SE may contribute to the design of components or individual programs, and participates fully in the construction and testing. This involves working with technical contributors at all levels. This position contributes expertise to project teams through all phases, including post-deployment support. This means researching specific technologies, and applications, and contributing to the solution design, supporting development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support. The SE must possess good communication and be able to work well on a team. This position requires working closely with the functional and governance functions, and more senior technical resources, and understanding technical designs and specifications.
- Developing subject matter expertise on one or more programming languages, vendor products, DTCC applications, data structures, business lines.
- Requirements Elaboration – offers feedback to project team during build as issues arise
- Data Modeling – understands data structures
- Is aware of frameworks – leverages frameworks under guidance of more senior technical staff
- System Performance – contributes to solutions that satisfy performance requirements; constructs test cases and strategies that account for performance requirements
- Security – implements solutions and executes test plans working with more senior technical staff to validate security requirements
- Standards – is aware of technology standards and understands technical solutions need to be consistent with them
- Be able to independently follow design and code standards, contributing to continuous improvement discussions
- Documentation – develops and maintains system documentation
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
Leadership Competencies for this level include
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others
- Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity
- 4+ years’ experience in application development or system analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in technical/computer discipline or related experience required