Experience: 2 years
Skills: Test Automation Strategy
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Testing of web apps and web services via automation (requirements gathering, architecture/spec review, testcase design, bug reporting, etc.)
• The design, coding, maintenance & execution of automated test scripts.
• Running automated tests & regression tests, analyzing results, reporting bugs, etc.
• Creating, enhancing, improving and maintain automation framework
• Some build, SCM & deployment activities Writing and maintaining build & deploy scripts
• Working with team on implementing and executing load & performance testing
Most important: a smart, motivated, curious person with good coding skills & understanding of web technologies.
This position could be filled by someone coming from a development or QA background.
Essential to success at this position are:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent spoken and written English (this is a must – we have a fast paced highly collaborative environment and you need to be able to rapidly absorb new ideas and follow new directions that the collective thinking is heading in. You need to be able to champion your good ideas clearly and accept better ideas when they are presented, then clearly describe them in written specifications)
• A high level of attention to detail and personal responsibility for the quality of your work
Specifically your skills and experience MUST include:
• 2 years coding experience
• BSCS or MSCS or equivalent skill set
• Experience working with source code control (Git preferable)
• Good knowledge of Unix, shell scripting, etc.
• Java coding skills
• Working knowledge of SQL & relational database technology.
• Good understanding of the HTTP protocol and web applications in general
• Understanding of Java App server concepts (Servlets, JSP, Struts, MVC, etc)