There are a number of reasons why organizations prefer to use Selenium for automated testing. Here we will discuss the reasons.
Reasons Why Selenium is Great to Use
- Taking the other automation tools into consideration, Selenium has the capability to operate on almost every OS.
- Selenium is an open source testing tool and hence it serves for cost-effective automation testing.
- Selenium supports multiple languages such as Python, Pearl, Ruby, PHP, .NET (C#) and Java. You are required to be comfortable in just a single language in order to operate Selenium.
- One highly beneficial feature of Selenium is that the language used for building the program is independent of the language that the web application or website is using. This implies that the test script can be developed in any of the languages that Selenium supports.
- This testing tool supports a range of browsers like Opera, Safari, Chrome, IE 6, 7, 8 and Mozilla Firefox.
- Selenium has a very dynamic developer community that is backed by Google.
- So far as Selenium is concerned, we have a number of robust methods for location of elements such as CSS, Xpath, DOM, and so on.
- With Selenium, it is convenient to implement frameworks that revolve around Object oriented programming like Keyword Driven, Data driven and Hybrid.
- Selenium provides support for integration of open source frameworks like TestNG, JUnit, NUnit and so on.
- With the use of Selenium, it is possible to execute simultaneous tests leveraging various browsers on various machines. This is turn cuts down the time for test execution when a large project is in progress.
With its useful features, Selenium automation testing serves as a key tool for browser compatibility testing as well as system functional testing. It is indeed strong when compared to the available tools for automation testing and is very simple and flexible.
We provide Selenium Training. If you would like to discuss with an expert selenium tester from our team, please get in touch with us at Credo Systemz.