Experience: 3-5 years
Role: Data Scientist
The Audible Data Warehouse Team focuses on building a scalable and reliable technology platform that will act as a Business Intelligence enabler to the Audible business globally. They build, deliver, and operate a data-framework, which along with the appropriate BI/Reporting toolkit, enabling the Audible business to gain rich business insights into various business performances.
In this role, you will be a member of an interdisciplinary team of Data Engineers and Software Development Engineers. You have a passion for Big Data and its supporting technologies and platform components. You will be an enabler for cutting edge modeling efforts, passionate about accessing, moving, processing and managing terabytes of data in a performant, scalable, fault-tolerant way, and will display your strong problem-solving ability in different environments.
You will be able to thrive in the powerful, advanced environment that makes Audible such a unique company in the area of data-processing technology, and will be offered a perfect mix of responsibility and mentoring
· Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the Data Engineering ecosystem to design systems that meet business needs
· Play a leading role in building systems and datasets using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, recent advances in distributed systems, and operational excellence best practices
· Play a leading role in architecture design and implementation of next generation BI solutions
· Analyze source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data models and document the design/specifications
· Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines
· Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts
· Peer review work. Actively mentor more junior members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done