Job Location: Chennai
Experience: 3-5 Years
Primary Skill: Hadoop
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- As a part of our team, you will be developing innovative, high quality, and robust operational engineering capabilities.
- Working to triage outages & defects and resolve them within established SLA’s
Work with Application Developers and Solution Architects to identify areas to improve operational and supportability model as part of continuous improvement and maturing Cornerstone Production Operation function
- Implement monitoring and alerting solutions to provide insight into overall platform health
- Provide timely communication to stakeholders and users on issue status and resolution
- Lead and mentor team members across our Operations Team by delegating routine and project tasks
- Collaborate with other software engineering teams, design team, product owners and managers, and business stakeholders.
- Develop software in our technology stack which is constantly evolving but currently includes Python, Spark , Unix Shell Script, Tableau, Java Script etc.
- Education- Bachelor or Masters’ Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of software development experience with proven hands-on experience in Big Data technologies
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
- Strong programming knowledge in Java/Python
- Experience working on any Hadoop distribution, such as Mapr, Cloudera, Hortonworks and have at least coded in Hive, Java M/R, Spark, SQL & No SQL databases for 2 years or more, will be an added advantage.
- Solid understanding of data structures, Algorithms & Design Patters will be an added advantage
- Strong experience with UNIX / Shell / Python scripting
- Understanding of different Algorithms & Machine Learning techniques (Neural Network, Deep Learning, Supervised & Unsupervised, Regression, Classification) and their application in batch/real-time will be an added advantage
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Implementation or working experience of Continuous Integration and Continues Delivery using tools and automation capabilities such as JUnit, Mocking, TestNG, Jenkins, Git, Stash and Jira
- Experience in Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Dockerization, etc) , will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team-player with ability to work with global team