Role: Data Scientist
WHAT YOU DO:
- Interface with business customers, gathering and understanding requirements
- Interface with customer and Genesys data science teams in discovery, extraction, loading, data transformation, and analysis of results
- Define and utilize data intuition process to cleanse and verify the integrity of customer & Genesys data to be used for analysis
- Implement, own, and improve data pipelines using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes
- Build, improve, and provide ongoing optimization of high quality models
- Work with PS & Engineering to deliver specific customer requirements and report back customer feedback, issues and feature requests.
- Continuous improvement in reporting, analysis, overall process.
- Visualize, present and demonstrate findings as required. Perform knowledge transfer to customer and internal teams.
- Communicate within the global community respecting cultural, language and time zone variations
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust working hours to match customer and team interactions
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in Data Science or Data Engineering
- 4+ years of hands-on experience performing statistical data analysis across large datasets writing highly optimized SQL queries and utilizing Python (NumPy, Pandas) or similar software
- Expertise with major statistical & analytical software like Python, R, SAS
- Expertise with data modeling, data warehousing and ETL/ELT development
- Expertise with database solutions such as SQL, MongoDB, Redshift, Hadoop, Hive
- Proficiency with REST API, JSON, AWS
- Experience in working and delivering projects independently.Ability to multi-task and context switch between projects and tasks
- Curiosity, passion, and drive for data queries, analysis, quality, models
- Excellent communication, initiative, and coordination skills with great attention to detail. Ability to explain and discuss complex topics with both experts and business leaders