21. How do you create multicolored text in a webpage?
To create text with different colors, use the <font color=”color”>…</font> tags for every character that you want to apply color. You can use this tag combination as many times as needed, surrounding a single character or an entire word.
22. Why are there both numerical and named character entity values?
The numerical values are taken from the ASCII values for the various characters, but these can be difficult to remember. Because of this, named character entity values were created to make it easier for web page designers to use.
23. Write an HTML table tag sequence that outputs the following:
50 pcs 100 500
10 pcs 5 50
<table><tr><td>50 pcs</td><td>100</td><td>500</td></tr><tr><td>10 pcs</td><td>5</td><td>50</td></tr></table>
24. What is the advantage of grouping several checkboxes together?
Although checkboxes don’t affect one another, grouping checkboxes together help to organize them. Checkbox buttons can have their name and do not need to belong to a group. A single web page can have many different groups of checkboxes.
25. What will happen if you overlap sets of tags?
If two sets of HTML tags are overlapped, only the first tag will be recognized. You will find this problem when the text does not display properly on the browser screen.
26. What are applets?
Applets are small programs that can be embedded within web pages to perform some specific functionality, such as computations, animations, and information processing. Applets are written using the Java language.
27. What if there is no text between the tags or if a text was omitted by mistake? Will it affect the display of the HTML file?
If there is no text between the tags, then there is nothing to format. Therefore no formatting will appear. Some tags, especially tags without a closing tag like the <img> tag, do not require any text between them.
28. Is it possible to set specific colors for table borders?
You can specify a border color using style sheets, but the colors for a table that does not use style sheets will be the same as the text color.
29. How do you create a link that will connect to another web page when clicked?
To create hyperlinks, or links that connect to another web page, use the href tag. The general format for this is: <a href=”site”>text</a>
Replace “site” with the actual page URL that is supposed to be linked to when the text is clicked.
30. What other ways can be used to align images and wrap text?
Tables can be used to position text and images. Another useful way to wrap text around an image is to use style sheets.