Position: Senior Embedded Software Engineers
Job ID: SR_SW_ENG
Locations: Vancouver, BC | Taipei, Taiwan | Bangalore, India
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Intrinsyc offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary in accordance with experience.
- Takes technical ownership of projects, develops system specifications and delivers quality software features to ensure schedules and objectives are met.
- Assist the development of Android and Linux based devices.
- Quickly ramp up and become a key contributor within a team of experienced Embedded software engineers.
- Works independently to brings up new hardware and develop/integrate Linux kernel drivers.
- Fixes issues and provides technical guidance on a wide range of Linux Kernel drivers and Android framework HALs from camera to display to USB to Bluetooth to WiFI.
- Stays abreast of technical area and provides knowledge transfer to fellow team members.
- Designs or modifies Hardware Abstraction Libraries for Android support of low-level device features.
- Minimum 4 years Embedded software development experience in Linux kernel drivers. Android experience desirable.
- Minimum 4 years of C/C++ experience. Java experience useful, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical/software engineering or equivalent. Advanced technical degree desirable.
- Requires strong leadership and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience in the integration of a wide range of drivers, including at least one complex driver technology (HDMI/MIPI display, CSI camera, Linux dynamic power management, etc). Multimedia experience desirable.
- Experience in hardware bringup, familiarity with HW documentation such as schematic and layout drawings.
- Good working knowledge of embedded or mobile devices.
- Good problem-solving and diagnostic skills, in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires a solid understanding of the software development and project management life cycle.
- Language: Strong written and spoken English required.