Job Location: Hyderabad
Experience: 5+ Years
Primary Skill: Knowledge for Hadoop
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools
Key Tasks Include:
- Using command line tools to perform data conversion and analysis
- Supporting other team members in retrieving and archiving experimental results
- Quickly writing scripts to automate routine analysis tasks
- Creating insightful, simple graphics to represent complex trends
- Involve in writing linguistic rules to support information extraction and automatic categorization
- Perform strong NLP tasks like part of speech tagging, named entity extraction and text classification and recognition
- Hands-on experience with visualization tools like Tableau, QlikView, Qlik Sense and others
- Collaborate with other Language Engineers and Data Specialists in data analysis and feature design efforts
- Work with Engineering teams to deploy your solutions into a production environment
- Excellence in academics with computer science, computational linguistics or information science (or equivalent) background
- Interest and exposure in the area of natural language processing and information extraction
- Sound analytical & conceptual skills to understand business needs and apply NLP/analytics solutions to solve specific business problems
- Familiarity with regular expressions
- Interested in learning new things
- To be proactive, flexible and determined, able to work under pressure and to match deadlines
- Aptitude to learn, think creatively to solve real world business problems, and work in a global collaborative team environment
- Good verbal and written English skills.
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- High degree of flexibility, independent and proactive working style
- Ability to work well under pressure and on multiple and conflicting priorities
- Strong commitment to quality and timely customer service