IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, unusually distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, “be essential.” We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that encourages, in an environment where growth is supported. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they’re inspired to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We’re building teams with varied strengths with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us — you’ll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
Who you are:
As a Software Test specialist…You will
- Be involved in all the feature planning sessions, drive new innovative ideas, and make calls on what is feasible and what is prohibitively expensive to implement.
- See and seize opportunities for quick wins, but also be technically minded to also drive solutions for hard problems.
- Make a difference! Own major work you’re doing with in the testing phase of a software creation process
- Be leveraging your expertise, experience and creativity at work in your work you’re doing
- Bring to bear your full engineering skill set to deliver quality software.
What you’ll do:
As a Software Test specialist…You will
- Auto-Generate tests, consider all dimensions of testing like PSR, security, localization etc within an Agile software delivery environment.
- Perform exploratory tests, Collaborate closely with developers, product managers and support engineers to correctly identify, prioritize and resolve issues.
- Develop test & automation frameworks to help scale and manage testing scope and environments
- Improve the quality of developer output via training, coaching and process changes.
- Be a part of ideation and innovation in the QA domain. 50+ ideas conceptualized and delivered by test engineers till date.
- Have an opportunity to work in an intense, startup like work environment where you will get a chance to work with the latest technologies in the fastest growing and improving tech domain: cloud + mobile
- Have an opportunity to not just test, but participate on the business side of things and get involved in designing end to end solution with domain experts.
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become authority you love to be.
- You’ll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas in to figure out really excites you.
- Learn applications from expert developers in the team
- Opportunities to showcase and improve your knowledge and share experience in technical conferences
- Love to participate in the entire software quality process
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3-8 Years of Experience.
- Proven knowledge of software development/life cycle process
- Proven product development/quality assurance techniques and process skills
- Hands on experience in testing web, web-services, db, Linux, automation, mobile, Big data analytics, IOT, NLP
- Good UNIX skills are highly desirable
- Passion for usability, simplicity and consistency in software testing
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with developing Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution on any platform.
- Knowledge of major mobile platforms (iOS, Android, WP8, etc.)