Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have technical backgrounds from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, database design and optimization, big data analysis, network administration, and dev ops.
The security role supports our services that focus on security technologies including Identity Access Management (IAM), Shield, GuardDuty, KMS, Cloud Trail, CloudHSM, and Inspector etc. A solid security provides the foundation for all Cloud services. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about working with network security products. Since we’re working in the Cloud, you will need to be very comfortable with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
Our support engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. A successful candidate will need a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of disparate tasks. This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new security skills in the course of your duties. You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn, support, and use groundbreaking technologies
- Field and manage technical customer issues via phone, chat and email
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Create knowledge articles, videos and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or 4+ years of experience in a technical position
- Open to work non-standard hours (no night shifts) including Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday workweeks
- Interest in information security and a desire to learn techniques and technologies such as application security, cryptography, threat modelling, penetration testing, etc.
- Strong Linux or Windows system administrator skills
- Network Essentials – understanding of the various layers, TCP/IP, DNS, etc.
- Experience with threat modelling, especially for web application and web APIs
- Web security and compliance experience (e.g., Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DOS prevention and PCI, HIPAA, FIPS, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus and ownership
- Cloud hosting experience (AWS).
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts – virtualization, networking, storage, etc.
- Experience with AWS
- Detailed knowledge of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, TCP
- Expertise with iperf, MTR, traceroute, dig, packet capture tools
- Configuration management (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration, (CloudTrail, AWS Config, etc), cloud-security technologies (VPC, Security Groups, etc.) and cloud-permission systems (IAM).
- Identity and Access concepts and technologies to secure production and corporate access, such as: SSO, SAML Federated Identity, RBAC, authentication & authorization solution etc.
- Logging, monitoring and response concepts and technologies for cloud networks, corporate networks and hosts in all environments.
- One or more security-related certifications, such as CISSP, CEH, CISA, CISM, SECURITY+, OSCP, etc
- Experience with a broad array of security technologies, such as NGFW, WAF, SIEM, endpoint security and more
- Luna SA certified Engineer·
- CIE Security
- Experience working with Hardware Security Models
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills