Experience: 4-6 yrs
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. The Science & Enabling Units IT is AZ’s global IT capability function supporting key business areas operating out of sites across the US, UK, Sweden, India & Mexico.
We are looking for a passionate Data Ops Engineering Lead for our data and analytics team, who will play a key role in managing a team in Chennai to deliver Data Lake solution, DevOps, CI/CD and platform administration, by leveraging tools & technology with best practices to support and improve delivery performance & data engineering capabilities in the overall D&A team.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage full lifecycle of data integration projects: planning, design, development, testing and rollout.
- Manage team of DBAs and Data engineers to build and maintain data platforms and tools.
- People management and responsible for their career growth and development.
- Line Manager of the Data Ops team, ensuring team capacity, capability, operating model and service is line with strategic Portfolio demand.
- Work in partnership with other engineering leads across to support application development and application maintenance activities.
- Build and maintain partnership with internal and external delivery partners to identify opportunities and support models for capability augmentation (capacity and capability).
- Ensure change requests for the Data Lake platform are captured, prioritised, developed and implemented in line with Agile delivery principles.
- Maintaining and updating all documentation associated with applications (data and reporting) throughout its lifecycle.
- Ensure that applications are monitored and consistently delivered to agreed SLAs (e.g. availability, performance metrics, disaster recovery).
- Experience in leading and managing DevOps delivery team.
- Experience in BI tools, data engineering, system administration and delivery, ideally with Talend ETL Platforms, Operational Data Stores and reporting marts.
- Experienced in built and manage holistic and futuristic BI solutions comprising Data Lake/ Self-service BI ideally on cloud platform.
- Experience in running BI data and reporting solutions on the AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Experience of working in a multi partner scenario and a cross- culture environment
- Experience of issue management, problem analysis, troubleshooting, testing and end-user support
- Evidence of shaping innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organisation
- Participates in work stream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions
- Has capability and intention to roll-up his/her sleeves and do hands-on in the need of the hour
- A good team leader with proven experience in stakeholder management
- Ability to guide and mentor team members
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Able to grasp and understand new technological trends / concepts
- Experience working in a globally distributed team
- Good written and verbal skills, fluent English
- Understanding of Cloud computing platform such as AWS, Azure.
- Understanding of business processes in the life sciences / pharmaceutical domain preferred.
- Experience of working with NoSQL, virtualization, data streaming etc.
- Connecting, loading and reading data from AWS database technologies like MySQL, Aurora, AWS Redshift, PostgreSQL