Role: Application Developer
Design, Develop, Deploy, Maintain and Enhance highly available web applications and APIS as part of high performing software engineering team working in the large scale agile model.
- Develop and apply responsive design principles to implement and customize user interfaces using web development technologies such as Angular, GoJs Single Page Applications hosted on Cloud Platform
- Develop scalable microservices and REST APIs using Java/Scala hosted on the cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services or FICO Analytical Cloud to the standards to expose business capabilities for internal and external consumers
- Work in an Extreme Programming practice, quick delivery and deployment in production and daily pair programming.
- Work to a backlog of stories and tasks prioritised by the product owner and share a team level common understanding of the customer needs, product goals and design decisions
- Improve time to market by using the existing CI/CD tools for self-managed deployment of new software version with zero down time, fast recovery, very low failure rate.
- Be able to understand and update CI/CD automation build and deployment scripts to support a continuous integration and deployment process for the team.
- Diagnose, de-bug and analyse production incidents, performance issues, load analysis and assist in capacity modelling
- View, analyse and use real time application usage and performance data available on the dashboards and apply the learnings to improve customer experience, error rate, security, application performance
- Provide technical input into effort estimation, impact assessment, application requirements with respect to functional, security, integration, performance, quality, and operations requirements.
- Report to the team leads on progress, blockers, priority conflicts, potential issues and concerns.
- Share technical insights on tech talks and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Play a central role in creating the best online education environment in the world
- Assess and communicate how your work impacts business and other systems