Experience: 2+ years
Skill: Knowledge for AWS
Fidelity’s Finance Procurement & Accounting IT Technology (FPAIT) organization is looking for an individual to take a Software Engineer role in our Finance Data Warehousing and Management Platform Analytics Project for the new strategic initiatives like data lakes and modernizing the Finance applications in managerial finance.
The Software Engineer will design and develop Data Warehousing solutions for critical Management Analytical Platform initiatives like stats hub, revenue hub, tax hub etc.
The Value You Deliver
- You will be participating in end to end development which includes design, development, testing and deployment.
- You will be working closely with Technical Lead/Architects to ensure that solutions are consistent with IT Roadmap.
- You will be participating in technical life cycle processes, which include impact analysis, design review, code review, and peer testing.
- You will be participating in hands on development of application framework code in Oracle PL-SQL, pySpark, Python, NiFi, Informatica Power Center, along with Control-M and Unix shell scripts.
- You will be troubleshooting and fixing any issues reported on data issues and performance.
- You will be presenting the findings and outcome to Senior Leadership teams and provide insights from the data to the business.
- You will be helping business teams optimize their current tasks and increase their productivity.
- The Skills that are Key to this role
Technical / Behavioral
- You must be an expert in using SQL and PLSQL on Oracle or Netezza with Unix shell scripting skills.
- You should be having working knowledge in Hadoop, HDFS, Python and Spark.
- You should be having experience in Control-M or similar scheduling tools.
- You should have experience of using AWS services like EC2, S3, EMR to move data onto cloud platform
- You should have proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- You should be strong in Database and Data Warehousing concepts.
- You must be able to work independently in a globally distributed environment
- You should have clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these into technical solutions.
- The Skills that are Good To Have for this role
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization techniques on SQL (Oracle and Netezza) and Informatica Power Center.
- Knowledge on AGILE practices is a plus
- Having strong inter-personal and communication skills including written, verbal, and technology illustrations.
- Having adequate knowledge on DevOps, JIRA and Agile practices.