Role: Application Developer
Design, Develop, Deploy, Maintain and Enhance highly available web applications and APIS as part of high performing software engineering team working in the large scale agile model.
- Design, develop and apply customizations and scripts to implement new features for end users using the best practices for the Service Management on ServiceNow SaaS
- Applies the knowledge of automation and integration options on ServiceNow to meet the needs of end users
- Design and build scalable microservices and REST APIs hosted on the cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services or Pivotal Cloud Foundry to the standards to expose business capabilities for internal and external consumers
- Work to a backlog of stories and tasks prioritised by the product owner and share a team level common understanding of the customer needs, product goals and design decisions
- Improve time to market by using the existing CI/CD tools for self-managed deployment of new software version with zero down time, fast recovery, very low failure rate.
- Be able to understand and update CI/CD automation build and deployment scripts to support a continuous integration and deployment process for the team.
- Diagnose, de-bug and analyse production incidents, performance issues, load analysis and assist in capacity modelling
- View, analyse and use real time application usage and performance data available on the dashboards and apply the learnings to improve customer experience, error rate, security, application performance
- Provide technical input into effort estimation, impact assessment, application requirements with respect to functional, security, integration, performance, quality, and operations requirements.
- Report to the team leads on progress, blockers, priority conflicts, potential issues and concerns.
- Mentor junior resources by pair programming, tech talks and knowledge sharing sessions.