Experience: 3 years
Role: Data Scientist
- Translate business requirements to a set of analytical models.
- Develop new and improve on existing predictive and prescriptive models using advanced research techniques.
- Perform data analysis (with a representative sample data slice) and build/prototype model(s)
- Work with Product, Analytics and Engineering teams and other data scientists to formulate model designs using large data sets
- Take responsibility for technical problem solving, including creatively meeting product objectives and developing best practices.
- Ability to Communicate complex models and analysis in a clear and precise manner
- Ability to understand both business goals and technology, can translate business problems into algorithmic solutions.
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Physics with strong knowledge of machine learning.
- 3+ years of industry experience in handling high volumes of structured and unstructured data, with a proven track record of leveraging data science practices to drive significant business impact.
- Quantitative methods should span statistical modeling, machine learning, Recommendations Systems, Search Ranking, Ranking Formula Optimization, graph theories, artificial intelligence, text mining and NLP.
- 2+ years of experience in applying deep learning models.
- Strong skills in 4 out of these languages/ frameworks Python, R, NoSQL, Java, Scala, Spark and Spark ML.
- Exposure to open source tools like CNTK, Tensor flow, MxNet, Caffee or OpenCV
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Solid software development skills are plus.
- Knowledge and experience working within cloud computing environments such as AWS or Azure.
- Highly motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous startup environment