At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Team
Customer Obsession Data Science is looking for world class analysts to join the team, a group responsible for ensuring every Uber customer support experience is world-class. Specifically, this team works to build self-service technology and process that’s deeply integrated with the Uber customer support experience, making it easy for our customers and customer support representatives to get to the right outcome, faster. We are also responsible for building the models and algorithms that help Uber customers answer their own questions or, even better, avoid the need for a customer support experience at all.
What You’ll Do
- Drive analysis on global projects to improve the experience of our customers and support agents
- Build and own periodic reporting – Take advantage of the ever-growing amount of data we have at our fingertips to help stakeholders all over the world manage and improve our agent experiences
- Problem solve. We’re faced with new and interesting problems that need solved every single day. Identify and implement short-term solutions in a timely manner, while helping define the long-term solution.
- Analyze advanced A/B testing data (exposure to experimental design is a plus)
What You’ll Need
- 2 Minimum Years of Experience with Data Analytics / Data Science
- Demonstrable domain expertise in product metric identification, improving data quality, experimentation design and execution.
- A degree in statistics or a quantitative domain plus hands-on data analytics experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- 3+ years experience delivering, scaling, and owning highly successful and innovative data analytics products with your fingerprints all over them – you’re extremely proud of what you’ve accomplished.
- An ability to connect the deep domain expertise of the researcher with the pragmatism and scrappiness of the entrepreneur – you’re a true generalist.
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator / simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Proficiency in SQL and scripting languages (e.g. R, Python).
- Masterful visualization skills and storytelling abilities.