51. Which browsers support HTML5?
The latest versions of Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera all support most of the HTML5 features.
52. Name two new tags included in the HTML 5
<Video> and <Audio> are new tags which are included in HTML5 version. They are mainly used as a replacement for Flash, Silverlight, and similar technologies to play multimedia items.
53. Do you know which are two semantic tags are included in HTML5 version?
The <article> and <section> tags are two new tags that are included in HTML5. Articles can be composed of multiple sections that can have multiple articles. An article tag represents a full block of content which is a section of a bigger whole.
54. What is <figure> in HTML5?
This tag represents a piece of self-contained flow content. It is mostly used as a single unit as a reference the main flow of the document.
55. What is the use of Canvas element?
The canvas element helps to build charts, graphs, bypass Photoshop to create 2D images and place them directly into HTML5 code.
56. What are the new FORM elements which are available in HTML5?
The new Form elements in HTML5 offers much better functionality than the earlier versions.
The tags given provided to carry out these functions are:
1) <datalist> – This tag is use to specify a list of options for input controls.
2) <keygen> – This tag represents a key-pair generator field.
3) <output> – It represents the result of any scripting calculation.
57. Tell me two benefits of HTML5 Web Storage
Two main benefits of HTML5 Web Storage:
- It can store up to 10 MB data which is certainly more than what cookies have.
- Web storage data cannot be transferred with the HTTP request. It helps to increase the performance of the application.
58. What are two types of Web Storage in HTML5?
Two storage types of HTML5 are:
It stores data of current session only. It means that the data stored in session storage clear automatically when the browser is closed.
Local storage is another type of HTML5 Web Storage. In local storage, data is not deleted automatically when the current browser window is closed.
59. What is the Application Cache in HTML5 and why it is used?
The Application Cache concept means that a web application is cached. It can be accessible without the need for internet connection.
Some advantages of Application Cache:
- Offline browsing – Web users can also use the application when they are offline.
- Speed – Cached resources load quicker
- Reduce the server load – The web browser will only download updated resources from the server.
60. Explain five new input types provided by HTML5 for forms?
Following are the important, new data types offered by HTML5:
- Date: It allows the user to select a date.
- datetime-local: This input type allows the user to select a date and time without time zone.
- datetime: This input type allows the user to select a date and time with time zone.
- month: It enables the user to select a month and year
- email: These input fields used to contain an e-mail address.