11.What are the Features of Windows Azure?
Windows Azure runs and stores the information on Microsoft datacenters.
The main Features are :
• Websites enable the designers to assemble the sites utilizing ASP.NET, PHP, etc and send these websites utilizing FTP, Git and etc
• QL Database, formally known as Azure database makes, broadens and scales the application into the cloud utilizing Microsoft SQL Server.
• This is Microsoft’s platform as a service that supports Multi-level applications and automated deployment.
12.What are Roles and why do we use them?
Roles are nothing servers in layman terms. These servers are managed, load balanced, Platform as a Service virtual machines that work together to achieve a common goal.
There are 3 types of roles in Microsoft Azure:
• Web Role
• Worker Role
• VM Role
Let’s discuss each of these roles in detail:
• Web Role – A web role is basically used to deploy a website, using languages supported by the IIS platform like, PHP, .NET etc. It is configured and customized to run web applications.
•Worker Role – A worker role is more like an help to the Web role, it used to execute background processes unlike the Web Role which is used to deploy the website.
•VM Role – The VM role is used by a user to schedule tasks and other windows services. This role can be used to customize the machines on which the web and worker role is running.
13. A _________ role is a virtual machine instance running Microsoft IIS Web server that can accept and respond to HTTP or HTTPS requests?
The answer should be Web Roles, there are no roles such as Server or Client roles. Also, Worker roles can only communicate with Azure Storage or through direct connections to clients.
14.What are the differences between an public cloud and a private cloud?
Private clouds are those that are constructed solely for an individual enterprise. They enable the firm to have applications in the cloud while tending to concerns with respect to data security and control that is frequently ailing in an public cloud environment. It is otherwise called an internal cloud or enterprise cloud and dwells on the organization’s intranet or hosted data center where the data is protected.
15. Is it possible to create a Virtual Machine using Azure Resource Manager in a Virtual Network that was created using classic deployment?
This is not supported. You cannot use Azure Resource Manager to deploy a virtual machine into a virtual network that was created using classic deployment.
16.What is Windows Azure Portal?
Windows Azure Portal:To run an application, a designer gets to the Windows Azure portal through his Web program, by logging in with a Windows Live ID. The User at that point picks whether to create a host account for running applications, a storage account for storing data or both.
Once the designer has a host account, He can utilize a Windows Azure portal to submit applications to Windows Azure.
17. What are virtual machine scale sets in Azure?
Virtual machine scale sets are Azure compute resource that you can use to deploy and manage a set of identical VMs. With all the VMs configured the same, scale sets are designed to support true autoscale, and no pre-provisioning of VMs is required. So it’s easier to build large-scale services that target big compute, big data, and containerized workloads.
18.What do you comprehend about Hybrid Cloud?
A Hybrid cloud is a blend of internal and external cloud services, a mix of a private cloud joined with the utilization of public cloud services. This kind of cloud is most appropriate when you need to keep the classified information at your vicinity (private cloud) and consume alternate services from a public cloud.
19. Are data disks supported within scale sets?
Yes. A scale set can define an attached data disk configuration that applies to all VMs in the set. Other options for storing data include:
• Azure files (SMB shared drives)
• OS drive
• Temp drive (local, not backed by Azure Storage)
• Azure data service (for example, Azure tables, Azure blobs)
• External data service (for example, remote database)
20. What is an Availability Set?
An availability set is a logical grouping of VMs that allows Azure to understand how your application is built to provide redundancy and availability. It is recommended that two or more VMs are created within an availability set to provide for a highly available application and to meet the 99.95% Azure SLA. When a single VM is used with Azure Premium Storage, the Azure SLA applies for unplanned maintenance events.
Recommended Reading: HCL Azure Interview Questions
Azure Interview Questions and AnswersAzure Interview Questions and Answers for ExperiencedAzure Interview Questions PDFAzure Interview Questions 2018Azure Interview Questions and Answers Experienced PDFAzure Interview Questions with AnswersAzure Interview Questions LatestAzure Interview Questions AdvancedMicrosoft Azure Interview Questions and Answers