Role: Application Developer
Experience: 5+ years
· Bachelors Degree in an engineering or technical field
· 5+ years experience with and detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools.
· Experience in relational database concepts with a solid knowledge of SQL.
· Strong knowledge of various data warehousing methodologies and data modelling concepts. Hands on modelling experience is highly desired
· Experience performing various performance tuning activities at the both database level as well as ETL
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
· Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
· Query performance tuning skills using Unix profiling tools and SQL
· Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, QuickSight, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
· Linux/UNIX including to process large data sets.
· Experience with AWS