Role: Application Developer
Experience: 5+ years
- Design and implement production quality software in a cloud-based micro service architecture.
- Troubleshoot and provide timely resolutions to production support issues.
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance.
- Have quality assurance in mind and implement software with a high level of test coverage.
- Take ownership of features from beginning to end: from design documents and reviews, to acceptance testing and deployment.
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate.
- Participate in rotating on-call support schedule.
- Understand & comply with PCI, GDPR, and HIPAA.
- Adhere to Genesys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Expert in software engineering with a focus on server-side development using Java.
- Experience with the full application lifecycle from development through deployment and support.
- Demonstrable understanding of scalability and availability in distributed systems.
- Working experience with REST API back-end services.
- Familiarity with NoSQL solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related work experience.
- Effective written and verbal communicator.
- Experience working with remote engineering teams is preferred.