Role: Application Developer
- As this role is a blend of a technical and business, assist DevOps engineers with cost analyses, forecasts, and optimization recommendations.
- Prepare monthly AWS and Azure efficiency dashboards. Look for anomalies and ensure high quality.
- Train new users and provision access on the cost management process and tools.
- Document and share best practices around efficient public cloud use.
- Work with a global team and are able to occasionally meet or perform tasks off-hours.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Strong grasp of technology principles, an analytical mindset, and modeling skills to be able to analyze business technology needs and translate the concepts into solutions leveraging cloud technologies.
- 0-2 years of experience in IT or application development, including excellent knowledge of networking, computing, and storage.
- Understanding of AWS or Azure concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with customer service skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical skills.
- Experience analyzing data and reporting with spreadsheets.
- Flexible and strong desire to learn new things independently and suggest improvements.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 0-2 years of experience with AWS or Azure, including a certification.
- Experience with cost optimization on AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of corporate finance practices, including general ledger concepts and amortization.
- Understanding of SW development lifecycle / agile processes or ITIL processes.
- REST based web services or AWS CLI/SDK programming.