11. What Are The Advantages Of DevOps?
- Continuous software delivery
- Less complex problems to fix
- Faster resolution of problems
- Faster delivery of features
- More stable operating environments
- More time available to add value (rather than fix/maintain)
12. Differentiate between Asset Management and Configuration Management
Asset Management, broadly defined, refers to any system that monitors and maintains things of value to an entity or group.
Configuration Management is the process of planning for, identifying, controlling and verifying the Configurations Items (CIs) within a service, recording their status and, in support of Change Management, assessing the potential IT impact of changing those items.
13. What is Puppet?
It is a Configuration Management tool which is used to automate administration tasks
14. Name the popular scripting language of DevOps?
15. Describe two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication is a security process in which the user provides two means of identification from separate categories of credentials; one is typically a physical token, such as a card, and the other is typically something memorized, such as a security code.
16. What’s a PTR in DNS?
Pointer records are used to map a network interface (IP) to a hostname. These are primarily used for reverse DNS. Reverse DNS is set up very similar to how normal (forward) DNS is set up. When you delegate the DNS forward, the owner of the domain tells the registrar to let your domain use specific name servers.
17. What are the containers?
Containers are a form of lightweight virtualization, heavier than ‘chroot’ but lighter than ‘hypervisors’. They provide isolation among processes while using the same kernel as the host machine, and ‘cgroups’ functionality within a kernel.
18. In Git how do you revert a commit that has already been pushed and made public?
It can be done in two ways:
- By removing or fixing the bad file in a new commit and pushing it to the remote repository. Once the necessary changes to the file have been made, commit it to the remote repository. Use: git commit -m “commit message”
- By creating a new commit that undoes all changes that were made in the bad commit. To do this, use command: git revert <name of bad commit>
19. Why we need DevOps?
Companies are now facing the need for delivering more and faster and better applications to meet the ever more pressing demands of conscious users to reduce the ” Time To Market “. DevOps often helps deployment to happen very fast.
20. What is agile development and Scrum?
Agile development used as an alternative to Waterfall development practice. In Agile, the development process is more iterative and incremental, there are more testing and feedback at every stage of development as opposed to only the last stage in Waterfall.
Scrum is used to manage complex software and product development, using iterative and incremental practices. Scrum has three roles ie product owner, scrum master, and team.