81. Explain the typical roles involved in DevOps.
DevOps Architect – The leader who is responsible for the entire DevOps process.
DevOps Engineer – The person should be experienced with Agile, SCM or Version Control, CI /CD and setting up automation tools for the same, Infrastructure automation and Database management skills. Any developer who has skills in coding or scripting and has the acumen to get into deployment or system admin can qualify for the role of a DevOps engineer.
82. Why are configuration management processes and tools important?
The best way to answer this question is to first talk about the multiple software builds, versions, releases and revisions that are being developed for each software or testware. The next step is then to explain why it is essential to store & maintain data and track the latest development builds and simplified troubleshooting. Also, mention the role of tools Puppet, Ansible, and Chef in automating software deployment and configuration on several servers.
83. What is the most important thing DevOps helps us achieve?
One of the important things DevOps help the users to achieve is getting the changes into production quickly while ensuring the risks are kept to a minimum in software quality assurance and compliance. You can also enumerate on the other positive effects of DevOps, for instance, better communications and working relations between Ops and Dev team which ensures delivery of good quality software leading to better customer satisfaction
84. What are the advantages of Test Driven Development?
As TDD first starts with the test case, the quality of code is increased as there will be one or more test cases for all the functionalities.
- Refactoring code can be done confidently.
- Eventually, the complete code in your application is well tested; since it is constructed to address all the test cases.
- The code turns more modular and flexible as a developer is addressing all the test cases by coding in smaller units.
85. What are the foundational pillars of DevOps Testing?
The primary pillars of DevOps testing are:
- Embrace testing early and ensure production readiness at all times.
- Utilize proven technologies and patterns.
- Apply appropriate rigor.
86. What is git stash drop?
In order to remove stashed items, git stash drop command is used. By default, this command deletes the last stashed items. We can also delete a particular stash item. Git stash list command lists all the stashed items. We can select the stash item to be removed and pass its name to stash drop command.
87. How do you create a new repository in git?
Create a project directory and run “git init” under that directory. It creates a .git directory in the project directory.
88. What is a Node in Chef?
A Node represents a server and is typically a virtual machine, container instance, or physical server – basically, any compute resource in your infrastructure that is managed by Chef.
89. What information do you need in order to bootstrap in Chef?
- Your node’s hostname or public IP address.
- A username and password you can log on to your node with.
- Alternatively, you can use key-based authentication instead of providing a username and password.
90. What is Resilience Test?
Tests that ensure recovery without data and functionality loss after a failure are called Resiliency tests. Here are the examples of Resilience test tools.
Hystrix: An open source tool, which has latency and fault tolerance libraries, designed to isolate points of access to remote systems and services.
Chaos Monkey: Developed by Netflix to randomly disable parts of the system and simulate production failures.