Experience: 2-4 years
Skills: Test Automation Strategy
We’re looking for a Software Engineer in Test to help us shape the future of education. With nearly 20,000 organizational customers and millions of student users, Blackboard is the world’s leading education technology company with the industry’s most comprehensive student-success solutions. Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable student and institutional success by leveraging innovative technologies and services.
This role focuses on Blackboard Learn, a product in which we pride ourselves on creating well-designed web and mobile solutions to support learners, instructors, and administrators. Blackboard Learn allows learners and instructors to access online educational experiences wherever and whenever they want through web and mobile devices. Our technology helps instructors breathe life into educational content, brings efficiency to day-to-day tasks, and empowers instructors with tools to engage and assess every learner. We help motivate learners by promoting collaboration, communication, and connections with their peers and instructors.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you’ll focus on providing support for test development and execution against Blackboard’s new feature and legacy system releases. Specific responsibilities will include:
Becoming an active member of an agile team of developers participating in daily stand-ups, design sessions, code reviews, and sprint demos
Creating and maintaining automation frameworks and testing tools
Developing the test strategy for features, incorporating the right balance of unit tests, integration/API tests, and UI tests
Designing, implementing, and maintaining complex testing environments, performing all aspects of verification including functional, regression, load, and system testing as well as documentation
Working in a Scrum team focused on building functionality for Blackboard’s mobile applications
- Has experience in QA automation
- Has experience developing test automation scripts for web applications and REST APIs
- Has experience with test automation tools and frameworks such as Webdriver and TestNG
- Has a technical understanding of database configuration and can write complex SQL queries
- Has light experience with one or more scripting languages like shell or bash
- Is familiar with build environments like Jenkins, Docker and Mesos
- Is fluent in written and spoken English
The Team & Office:
- Blackboard has an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
- Easy drive to Marina Beach along the Bay of Bengal
- Kapaleeshwarar Templ and DakshinaChitra museum nearby
- Accessible via the Rattha Tech Tower, Kumaran Kudi, and D. B. Jain College bus stations
- Office provides lunch Tuesday-Thursday, and there are several nearby places to grab a bite to eat including Ghuma Ghumalu Restaurant, Sangeetha Veg Restaurant, and 747 Themed Restaurant
- Library, game room, and quiet room for taking breaks