41. What command manages floating IP addresses in OpenStack
42. Define bare-metal node.
Bare-metal node grants access to control bare-metal driver that handles the provisioning of OpenStack Compute physical hardware utilizing the standard cloud APIs and tools like Heat. It is generally used for single tenant clouds like high-performance cluster computing. For using the bare-metal driver, a network interface must be created with the bare-metal node inserted into it. Afterwards, users can launch an instance from the node. Users can also list and delete bare-metal nodes by removing the associated network instances
43. List down the components of OpenStack Compute
Nova (Compute) Cloud comprises following components:
- API server
- Message Queue (Rabbit-MQ Server)
- Compute Workers (Nova-Compute)
- Network controller (Nova-Network)
- Volume Worker
44. Define the role of API Server.
It provides an interface for the external world to interact with the cloud infrastructure.
45. List the commands to generate Key pairs.
- cd .ssh
- nova keypair-add –pub_key id_rsa.pub mykey
46. Define Flavor
Flavors are virtual hardware templates present in OpenStack, which define the memory sizes of RAM, hard disk, etc. Flavors illustrate a number of parameters like ID, Name, Memory_MB, Disk and others, giving a choice of Virtual Machine to the user just like having a physical server. OpenStack dashboard also allows users to modify a flavor by deleting the existing one and creating a new with the similar name and parameters.
47. How to create a user in OpenStack?
sudo nova-manage user create user-name
48. How to assign a project/tenant to a user?
By using the command sudo nova-manage user create user-name
49. Can we see the list of roles and associated IDs in OpenStack environment?
Yes, by using keystone role-list
50. What is the command used for pause and unpause an instance?
To pause an instance, command used is $ nova pause INSTANCE_NAME To unpause an instance, command used is $ nova unpause INSTANCE_NAME