1. What is data visualization?
Data visualization refers to the techniques used to communicate data or information by encoding it as visual objects (e.g. points, lines or bars) contained in graphics.
2. Why tableau?
Whether your data is in an on-premise database, a database, a data warehouse, a cloud application or an Excel file, you can analyze it with Tableau. You can create views of your data and share it with colleagues, customers, and partners. You can use Tableau to blend it with other data. And you can keep your data up to date automatically.
3. What is the five main product offered by Tableau company?
Tableau offers five main products: Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau Online, Tableau reader and Tableau Public.
4. What are the Filters? How many types of filters are there in Tableau?
Filter is nothing but it is restricted to unnecessary, it is showing exact data. Basically filters are 3 types.
- Quick filter
- Context filter
- Datasource filter
5. How to remove the All options from a Tableau auto – filter?
Right click filter>>customize>>uncheck show all option
6. What is the benefit of Tableau extract file over the live connection?
Extract can be used anywhere without any connection and you can build your own visualizations without connecting to Database.
7. Max no of tables we can join in Tableau?
We can join max 32 table, it’s not possible to combine more than 32 tables.
8. What are Dimensions and Facts?
Dimensions is nothing but the descriptive text columns and facts are nothing but measures (numerical values) dimentionex:productname city..facts:sales, profit
9. What is blended axis?
Multiple Measures are shown in sa ingle axis and also all the marks shown in single pane
- Drag a dimension in a column
- Drag the first measure in column
- Drag 2nd measure in existing axis
10. How many ways we use parameters in Tableau?
We can use parameters with filters, calculated fields ,actions, measure-swap, changing views and auto updates