- How To remove the All options from a Tableau auto-filter?
Edit the quick filter from the pull-down arrow. Go to “Customize” and uncheck the “Show “All” Value” checkbox.
- What are Dimensions and Facts?
Dimensions are nothing, however, the descriptive text columns and facts are measures (numerical values) dimension ex: product name town.facts: sales, profit.
- What is the difference between tableau 7.0 and 8.0 versions?
- New visualizations are introduced like tree map bubble chart and box and whisker plot
- We can copy worksheet directly from one workbook to another Workbook
- What are the important updates to Tableau 10.5?
- What is your work process?
A: When answering questions about how you go about using Tableau, make sure you demonstrate that you too can ask questions because that is important to your job. You need to know why data is needed. Asking the right questions of the non-data users will help you get them the answers they need. They also address how you present your findings in a way that helps the non-data side to understand.
- How aggregation of data works in Tableau?
Aggregation is a process in which we measure at more summarized and higher levels of the data and view numeric values. When a measure is placed on a shelf, by the process of summing it Tableau automatically aggregates the data. When it is placed on a shelf, the function always shows in front of the field’s name, so that we can easily determine the aggregation applied to a field. For instance, Sales appears as SUM. But using Tableau, the measures can be aggregated only for relational data sources. Only the aggregated data is contained in multi-dimensional data sources. Only the Windows supports these multi-dimensional data sources.
- Explain in detail default Data Blending Join?
Without having to draw up any special coding, data blending brings up into one Tableau view the data from the multiple data sources. A left outer join can resemble a default blend. It is probable to reproduce the right, left, and inner joins by filtering nulls and switching the primary data source.
- How to add custom Color to Tableau?
Create Custom Color code in “Preferences.tps”
Navigation ::: Documents » My Table Repository »Preferences.tps
Add custom color code
Note: In tableau 9.0 version we have color picker option..
- What is page shelf?
page shelf is power full part of tableau That you can use to controle the display of output as well as printed results of output.