Westland Publications is a 100% Amazon subsidiary engaged in the business of book publishing. It is one of the top Indian publishers focusing mainly on Indian content and authors viz., Amish Tripathi, Chetan Bhagat, Ashwin Sanghi, Rashmi Bansal, Rujuta Diwekar to name a few.
Westland aims to be the leading publisher of books in physical and digital formats and be the largest contributor to Amazon’s consumer flywheel in books segment. We believe we are in a unique position to serve our customers with exceptional value due to our deep understanding of customer needs and a data-grounded approach. This role presents a significant intellectual, operational, and business management challenge with enormous opportunity for business impact. The Business Intelligence Engineer will have the opportunity to establish analytics for Westland’s publishing business while scaling fast with the business. There will be much opportunity to demonstrate capabilities to think big, dive deep and invent and simplify.
- Analyze and visualize large data sets to determine consumer behavior, title level performance, genre level performance, performance on various amazon marketplaces, front list and Backlist title performance, Market insights correlation with our sales data and output solid analysis report with actionable recommendation.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with business teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current performance, and ad hoc investigations into future improvements or innovations. This will require data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational planning.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and ETL jobs.
- Advanced understanding and experience working with data warehousing, data quality.
- Recent experience applying visualization tools such as interactive GIS visualization and processing systems, Tableau, Qlik View to data elements.
- Recent experience of implementing basic software solutions to automate data source, visualization and/or data modeling application.
- Customer focus and professional demeanor.
- Organizational skill and an operations mindset.
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.