As a member of the Business Intelligence Team, the Sr BI Developer/Analyst will be provided with an unprecedented opportunity to work with a dedicated team of highly trained professionals and technology leaders working to shape the future of BI and analytics. They will be a key supporting member ensuring proactive participation in BI initiatives.
- Design, develop, and maintain tabular and Tableau reports that convey key metrics to Gogo’s airline partners
- Create reporting content in multiple Business Intelligence tools – primarily Tableau and SSRS.
- Reports creation in emerging BI application technologies, such as, Amazon Quicksight and/or ELK.
- Proficient at consulting for context. Asks appropriate questions to build a robust understanding of information needs and objectives and how they match to airline, product, program or stakeholder requirements.
- Conceptualize and design the best fit solution against desired requirements. Selects the right visualization to use based on relevant data type and create visually smart dashboards Implementing Tableau best practices
- Hands on experience in developing dashboards using multiple data sources
- Design and implement reporting that leverages advanced visualization techniques (Scatter Plots, Histograms, Heat Maps, Tree Maps, Box-and-Whisker Plots, etc…) to best convey key metrics.
- Ability to expertly design and implement data queries to gather required information and perform custom ad-hoc queries to meet business requirements.
- Provides technical guidance to team in development, enhancement, and maintenance of internal applications within business intelligence.
- Proactively identify data/reporting quality issues and work with peers in the Data Warehouse group and/or source systems to resolve them quickly.
- Take ownership of a problem and stay with it through to resolution — often involves coordinating the actions of people in other teams to achieve the desired result
- 7+ years of development experience in Tableau and another object-oriented Business Intelligence tools, such as PowerBI, Qlikview, Business Objects or Cognos. Tableau preferred
- 4 years of development experience in Tableau and SSRS development.
- 2+ years of experience with BI UX design.
- 2+ years of experience with Analytics.
- Experience with data visualization design and development best practices.
- Experience creating rich tableau visual reporting from ground up using advanced functions, table experience utilizing report writing best practices (optimization, use of joins and sub-queries, data blending)
- Ability to use complex expressions to calculate, group, filter, parameterize, optimize and format custom dashboards/reports
- Experience authoring complex SQL queries against multiple RDBMS platforms, such as, SQL Server, Amazon Redshift, Athena, MySQL and Oracle.
- Tableau Server management experience is a Plus.
- Excellent communication skills are required as the position will be interacting with Gogo onsite team and stake holders.
- Ability to deliver tasks under pressure.