Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 254 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Analyst, ACOE India
Primary Job Responsibilities
PayPal is the leading global online payment service built for the digital age. We now have over 188 million active customers around the world and handle almost a fifth of the world’s online payments. And we’re delivering the future of money – today. You can use PayPal anytime, anywhere, any way. PayPal continues to drive connected commerce across all channels – online, mobile and in-store. Last year, we handled nearly $66 billion in mobile payments alone. Constantly innovating, creating experiences our customers love.
Analytics is core to PayPal and we are a highly data driven organisation. We leverage data driven insights extensively in the areas of Product, Marketing, Finance, Sales, Risk, Credit, Operations etc. To support our insatiable appetite for analytics, we are setting up an Analytics Centre of Excellence in Chennai, India that will support global and regional analytics needs across multiple functions.
PayPal seeks a business-savvy, data-driven and action-oriented Senior Analyst to join the Analytics Centre of Excellence India.
The mission of the team is to foster a data-driven culture and drive end-to-end customer thinking throughout PayPal – converting analysis and insights through to value articulation and realization.
(Specific responsibilities will be tailored to the specific role in Product, Marketing or Business Analytics)
- Assist in discovery of new opportunities to grow and optimize business through Analytics.
- Support global and regional strategic initiatives across Product, Marketing and Business verticals.
- Deep dive analyses on very large data using SQL/SAS or other tools and structuring of analyses using MS Excel.
- Maintain management reporting dashboards using reporting tools such as Tableau, QlikView etc.
- Ongoing tracking of marketing campaigns, product performance, and business performance.
- Use the power of analytics to identify optimization opportunities across Product, Marketing and Regional Businesses. Support rapid test and learn.
- Use analytics and statistics to improve our ability to detect, understand and address emerging trends across portfolio and identify levers that Product, Marketing and Regional Businesses can move.
- 1-3 years of related experience in Analytics in a fast moving and matrixed environment
- Previous experience in product, marketing or business analytics a plus
- Significant experience with SQL OR a major software engineering language (Python, C++) required
- Familiarity with statistical packages (SAS or R) and reporting tools (QlikView and Tableau) is highly desired.
- High-energy and drive
- Ability to translate analysis and insights into actionable recommendations
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Ability to operate through ambiguity and change
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelors, MBA/ Masters of Finance, statistics, computer science or economics preferred.